Home

Friday Feeling

HerbieZ

Fridays, mmhar yes we love em. As it's friday (apparantly), i wanted to know what everybody is upto tonight. What do my fellow Kotorians do on their friday nights and what are they doing tonight?

As im unsociable and love myself, i have taken recently to playing old school star wars games like Dark Forces 2, Shadows of the Empire, Episode 1 Racer. Sadly, the last two are hard to play because my mum ALWAYS hogs the tv and it's the only thing to play the N64 on. Any suggestions in dealing with TV hogging mothers will be greatly appreciated.

Chocolate! Always worked on my mother :)

We're being very anti-social and boring tonight. Just going to watch the DVD's we got from Lovefilm and make a nice dinner. During the day I am working on a play thru of TSL (currently on Citadel Station).

Tonight my husband will probably want to play one of his games as he's just finished Fable Lost Chapters.

As we're old Friday isn't that important to us, we prefer to go out on Saturday Night if doing a party or dinner with friends/pubs etc. Sunday usually we go to see a film, buy gaming/web/sci-fi magazines and break out the old eps of Dr. Who and Blake's 7.

We're just two geeks living the life :p

Love your mom anyway. Whether she works in or out of the home, she's working for you, too, and she needs some downtime just like the rest of us. If you're lucky, maybe you can find something the 2 of you can play together. Not all moms will do that, but you never know....

Our Fridays are pretty much the same every week--get home from work and school, go to taekwondo class, go home, eat leftovers or pizza (of course you have to eat something unhealthy to counteract the benefits of exercise), and watch a movie or MST3K, post on LF, play Kotor....

We spend a lot of time together as a family--we don't want the daycare to see more of our kids than we do--so we don't go out a lot. However, we do spend some time alone once the kids are asleep for the night to talk about the day's events, debate the finer points of anything from the Chosen One prophecy to the intellectual arguments for Christian apologetics to the merits of the Romance poets, and just hang out.

Not only are we geeky, we're kind of boring. And I'm OK with that. :)

Here's a sure fire Mom neutralizer.

(Jae, please disregard. Kids eyes only)

Walk up to your Mom and explain in your most serious manner of how you would love to earn TV time with chores. Inquire about work that has to be done and volunteer to trade work time for TV time.

When she wakes up from unconsciousness, place cool towel to her head and give her a big kiss. Make sure to remind her right away of her agreement so she doesn't think it was a dream.

This has a mid 90's % chance of success. Unfortunately, for future references, you'll have to do the work, but it beats watching the E channel when you have more pressing matters on Tatooine.

Tonite I plan to finish my conquest of New York in the 30's and become Godfather of New York.

heh heh. fat chance of that happening ^^^

do you have things along the lines of "car boot sales" where you live? if you go there, you can get tvs for next to nothing. works everytime. just make sure theyve got the right ports i.e scart or AV.

Hmm the only thing I do during the weekends and practically any day of the week is train for Boxing. I hate running, but it's the only way I can condition myself to being a GREAT boxer. Pretty boring friday won't you agree?

Here's a sure fire Mom neutralizer.

(Jae, please disregard. Kids eyes only)

Walk up to your Mom and explain in your most serious manner of how you would love to earn TV time with chores. Inquire about work that has to be done and volunteer to trade work time for TV time.

When she wakes up from unconsciousness, place cool towel to her head and give her a big kiss. Make sure to remind her right away of her agreement so she doesn't think it was a dream.

:rofl:

Reminds me of Delia Ephron's book "How To Eat Like a Child".

A truly kind child will make sure there's a pillow on the anticipated spot where her head will land. ;)

Fridays...hmm...basically i get home from school , then i go to Gymnastics >_> from 4-8pm, get home, have dinner, watch some tv shows then go to bed. thing is my parents dont let me play vid. games unless its a holiday or a long weekend...

Fridays are usually Sci-Fi (2 stargates and a battlestar...*dies*), and gaming or foruming until 3-4 if I have saturday off.

I was spending quite a bit of them down at the arcade, but you've gotta pay to play until you can't pay no more;)

@Jae, I think you must have missed the motherhood class about anything geek related being evil;) Video games, Arcades, G4, ATHF and Ghost in the Shell... all hindrances to the plans for my technology repressed upbringing.

I've really gotta save my money faster and get my own house ASAP!

I mean, I've got the ideal geek basement, but no internet, and family members who loudly proclaim their powerless cries of "zOMG that movie's rated R!!! and You don't actually shoot other people over the internet???" ...oh and FYI, Modding is a waist of a productive life.

@Jae, I think you must have missed the motherhood class about anything geek related being evil;) Video games, Arcades, G4, ATHF and Ghost in the Shell... all hindrances to the plans for my technology repressed upbringing.

I've really gotta save my money faster and get my own house ASAP!

I mean, I've got the ideal geek basement, but no internet, and family members who loudly proclaim their powerless cries of "zOMG that movie's rated R!!! and You don't actually shoot other people over the internet???" ...oh and FYI, Modding is a waist of a productive life.

Heh, not only did I miss that class, I'm corrupting my children by actually playing Kotor and other games _with_ them.

Family--meh, movies are no big deal. There's very little that they're missing by skipping rated R movies. There's plenty of good rated PG movies, and the vast majority of R movies could be cleaned up a bit to make them PG with very little loss of anything more than some useless swear words or a couple gratuitous scenes of excess skin.

Shooting people over the internet is much preferred to shooting them in Real Life . ;) Of course, that's a smart-aleck response.... :)

Your family won't be complaining about modding long if you end up running your own game dev company and make a killing after producing the next big game blockbuster, or some equally productive and lucrative career. There's a study out that says some of the surgeons who are the best at doing surgeries requiring scopes are those who played a lot of video games as kids. I'd have to go back and search on Medline to find that one, though. And it's certainly more productive than some of the other activities my high school and college classmates engaged in (drinking to great excess--legal age for drinking was lower when I was in H.S.--and other self-destructive behaviors). At least you're utilizing brain cells instead of doing things that kill them. :D

Not only are we geeky, we're kind of boring. And I'm OK with that. :)

Hey! Speak for yourself! I may play computer games, post about computer games, debate about prophecies in science fiction movies, build pinewood derby cars with my son, write medieval poetry, and read theology textbooks for fun, but I am not a geek! Okay, well...maybe just a little.

Archived