Home

LucasCast: Episode 3

Rogue Nine

How do you rate this episode of LucasCast?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode of LucasCast?

• 5 - Excellent!
    • 4 - It was very good.
    • 3 - It was okay.
    • 2 - You guys can do a lot better.
    • 1 - It sucked!

lucascast_threadtitle.png

In this third episode we talk about what games we are playing lately, our favorite Star Wars games, the future of LucasArts gaming, the best and worst games we've ever played, the geekiest Star Wars-related things we've ever done, and much more!

Release date: 23 March 2009

Download page: http://www.lucascast.com/episode-3/

Summary:

• What games we are playing
  • Our all-time favorite Star Wars games
  • Future of LucasArts gaming
  • The best and worst games we've played
  • Super geeky Star Wars-related things we've done
  • Who's winning the console war?

Extra information and resources:

This section contains spoilers. Please listen to the podcast episode before you view the hidden area.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Intro

• ALL WINGS REPORT IN
  • Congrats to Nedak for the podcast jingle!
  • Thanks to RoxStar, BobLion54, PastramiX, igyman and Negative Sun for your entries as well!

Games we're playing

All-time favorite Star Wars game

Future of LucasArts

Best and Worst Games Ever!

Geekiest Star Wars-related things!

Console Wars

Final thoughts for this episode

• A blooper-cast is forthcoming... at some point.
  • LucasCast Episode 0. Whee!
  • Groovy is a huge geek for his Christopher Pike reference!
  • We promise to get Boba Rhett on for a future podcast.

Blooper

• leXX's giggling is really infectious. xD

Comments:

Please leave us comments! Let us know what you think of the episode, and if you have any questions you want answered on the show, use our contact form or email us at questions@lucascast.com.

We hope you enjoy the show!

As promised...

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=3075

Episode 2 DVD for size comparison reasons. ^^

Must find the video with leXX acting like Star Wars Kid! Give it to us leXX!
NO! :xp:

This was probably the best cast yet, I spewed tea all over my keyboard from laughter though... :(

Show spoiler
  • Lynk is an indecisive bastage :xp: ..."because it's fun"
  • Great azns think alike, I'm with Niner on this one, TIE Fighter, best SW game ever, and Chrono Trigger. Best. Game. Ever.
  • I <3 leXX and her filthy British mouth XD
  • Also Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire was quite possibly the first SW game I played. And maybe for that reason, it is actually sitting on my desk as I type.

Boo!

JKII used Quake 3 engine, not quake 2

Yeah I got your message. I will put a retraction in the next episode. It's hard sometimes when you are trying to drive the conversation along. All I have to look at is an outline. Also I was thinking about Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, and Quake II: online which I originally wanted to include in the cast. I got all of them jumbled together and said something stupid. Sorry about that.

Triumph keeps it real for the Star Wars geeks.

oh man, im crying with laughter!

The Angry Video Game Nerd on Bible Games. You have been warned.

this could have been funny, but the swearing just sounds forced.

left behind: my palm was glued to my face the entire time...

i havnt read/seen left behind... ive only read a graphic novel, and that was interesting. i hadnt heard of the game before this. i always thought that if they made a game, wouldve been an adventure-rpg thing, but... an rts.... WHAT??!

*sigh* when are they going to make a decent bible/ bible influenced game in which you can do things like take part in the epic final war in heaven, smashing the living snot out of demons in spectacular hd glory?

perhaps a spy-like rpg, where you could be angels in human form carrying out missions in a dark, modern setting.

or even a hacknslash guardian angel thing where you get to protect your very own snotnosed kid from evil... the possibilities are endless, yet we get such facepalmworthy titles like "baby moses" and "noahs ark".

@ mav: I'm not indecisive, I just acknowledge that different things are just as awesome as each other for different reasons.

Besides... Rhett was meant to be on this show and not me. I was called up in the very last second to replace him when he didn't show up. I was flying blind that entire show and didn't know what the hell we were talking about half the time...

Yeah I got your message. I will put a retraction in the next episode. It's hard sometimes when you are trying to drive the conversation along. All I have to look at is an outline. Also I was thinking about Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, and Quake II: online which I originally wanted to include in the cast. I got all of them jumbled together and said something stupid. Sorry about that.

:stick:

you should know me by now :D

*grumbles*

too much kotor talk

*reinstalls*

^Well I'm glad they called you up...any possibility of you being on future shows?

I just started a new job which happens to fall on the recording date for the podcast x.x so I think the next few episodes won't have me at all until we can work out some other time to record the casts........ which is a HUGE problem because the time we've set the recording seems to be the ONLY time which is good for everyone... except me now XD

(In fact, right in the middle of the podcast I got a call asking to confirm my referees from the place I work now, and then right after the podcast recording while I was playing RE5 with Groov they called back and said I got the job lol)

Archived