Home

First-person shooters: PC or Console?

Rogue Nine

First-person shooters: PC or Console?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. First-person shooters: PC or Console?

• PC (the correct answer)
    • Console (the wrong answer)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well...every first person shooter except for Halo has been better on PC...Halo is the only exception to the rule.

Having played Halo on PC I respectfully disagree.

Every type of shooter is better on PC. Off the top of my head, I can think of platformers and fighting games being more intuitive on consoles.

Depends for me. Some games I just don't know why I prefer one or the other but it's not always PC or always console. I'd say in general I like multiplayer fps games on console (xbox live) and single player ones on PC but that is not always the case. Definitely like Valve games on PC (Left 4 Dead etc). So I wouldn't say I prefer one over the other. I will say it takes more skill/practice to be pro at console fps than PC though. Obviously that is why everyone likes them on PC better but I don't mind console controls at all.

For anyone who puts in Console, try precision aiming with a sniper rifle with a console joystick and get back to me.

Hell, mouse and keyboard third party attachments are banned from the 360 specifically because it makes you better at it. I think that says enough.

The only FPS games I've tried are JK:Outcast, Republic Commando, BF1, and BF2. The only one on a console was BF2. I can play it in FP, but I really prefer third-person on everything. BF1, JK, and Republic Commando are all murder on the PC. I far prefer consoles.

Maybe I just like having the crouch button and the shoot button within reach of one hand. ;)

Archived