• It was great!
    • It was OK
    • Bad.
    • WORST year ever!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see....

Not one but two car accidents, neither of which were our fault, of course both were caused by uninsured drivers.

Waiting forever for the insurance company to get around to getting some kind of miniscule payment to us for the first car accident (no damage on the second, happily)

My favorite cat dying

My sister getting rushed by ambulance to the hospital because she got the food poisoning that was going around the US last summer

Point Man getting called up to active duty again

Having to have surgery and stay overnight in the hospital (and yes, medical people really suck at being patients)

A friend nearly dying

Point Man's wallet getting stolen, which had a few hundred dollars in it that we were intending to send to a friend so he didn't get evicted

I'm sure there are people who have gone through far worse, but 2008 just generally sucked.

Be completely honest Jae - almost all of this stuff happened in like 1-2 months, so it was even worse than you're leading us to believe :(

Anyway, 2008 was a great year for me, but I'm placing my bets on 2010.

_EW_

2008 was great. I managed to finally end high school and I'm hoping to get into a nice college next year. The second semester would be even better, as a plan on taking a year - or half of it - off. Maybe a trip to England to visit the part of my family that lives there, but most likely starting on a new job.

I also turned 18 this year. Sure feels nice to finally be legal, the resposability that comes with it doesn't weight too much yet. Besides, I get to drink and drive legally now.

If I had to define this year on one word, it would be 'friendship'. I've made a good deal of new friends and became closer to a lot of old faces. Thanks to the many parties this year harbored, undoubtely.

Thinking about it now, this year passed way too fast.... I digress, anyway, got a beach and fireworks just outside, but I had to write this down for people on LF, anyway. Officially one hour for 2009, see you all next year!

Right now it is Pacific time 10:55PM at the time of this posting...the eastern parts of USA have already hit new years. My town, being the destination resort that it is has oddly not picked up in activity. There is less bustling and activity than in previous years. Hoodlums are still out causing havoc.

I've come down with a cold. I've slept off most the day. I have a hazy feeling permeating my consciousness right now. I'll go out and at least try enjoying myself...

How was 2K8? Well, it was my year (of the rat) since I was born in 1984. I'd say it has been okay. Nothing exceptional. I had a few relationships this year and learned a lot about myself, both good and bad. A year of reflection. Discovery.

Finding that cynical and realistic does not have to mean pessimistic or uninventive.

I could not have been less enthusiastic about christmas this year. Something that didn't stop me from trying to bring joy to others at least.

I know this hasn't been my year to save money which is something I'm very good at normally. I need to really get back into shape since I've noticed my physical capacity has decreased to a problematic point. Still have most of my strength, just no stamina and a loss in core stability and flexibility overall. I have learned that bringing some joy to others' life on a daily basis is often more of a reward than material...the trick is that one needs look for it. I've befriended more elderly and never realized how many of them care for those around them. That most people are nice if a shade condescending. To appreciate the experience of others before writing them off as pompous or arrogant.

Learned about being a martialist (beyond martial arts/sciences). I have a better view into spirituality. Finally, I'm getting a better idea what I want from life and my place in it, coming into my mid twenties.

What did you do during when the clock struck 12pm? Out with friends? Raving? Unconscious?

I was watching fireworks at a friend's 18th party, that happily coincides with new year. It was freezing, but by that point we were all fairly impervious to the cold : D. then i went and ruined it all by throwing up and being put to bed on the sofa. i am a rotten lightweight, though on the other hand i do get drunk cheaper. every cloud...

Archived