Home

What are your favorite TV shows?

Sorry if a thread like this has been made already, but, if not, I thought it would be interesting to hear what shows other people like...

Mine are:

SG Atlantis

Mind of Mencia

Scrubs

The Daily Show with John Stewart

The Colbert Report

E! Condensed Soup

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In no particular order:

Only Fools and Horses

The Green Green Grass

Doctor Who (Classic and New)

Torchwood

The Simpsons

Futurama

Family Guy

King of the Hill

Teenage Kicks

Life on Mars

Ashes to Ashes

Heroes

Porridge

Open All Hours

That Peter Kay Thing

Phoenix Nights

Max and Paddy's Road to Nowhere

My Family

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air

The Invisibles

A lot I know.

House is probably my #1 at the moment.

Then in no particular order,

Daily Show With John Stewart

Colbert Report

Heroes

Scrubs

Family Guy

Futurama

Mythbusters

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air

Almost any comedy show on Comedy Central.

And... well... the news.

Honestly, I watch very little television nowadays. Every once in awhile I jump on to watch something of the above, but the only things I watch consistantly is House, Daily Show, and -sometimes- Colbert Report if I feel like staying up. Used to watch Heroes religiously along with House, but they had to cut the season in half due to the Writer's Strike.

I used to watch Toonami on Cartoon Network to see Gundam, Sailor Moon, and other such things. The only program that played some decent teen-grade anime. Then they canceled it. Cartoon Network and Nick have been getting progressively worse since, so I don't even touch them anymore.

Outside of that, I consider most things on television to be utter garbage. I don't even touch Sci-fi channel anymore.

House MD

Heroes

The Simpsons

Prison Break

Lost

ER

And from those, only The Simpsons is airing new episodes once in a while at the moment here, so you'll understand when I say I don't watch too much TV at the moment.

As many have mentioned the House show, I forgot to put that one on my list. I like that show too. I used to watch Family Guy, Futurama, Robot Chicken, and South park, and the Simpsons, but I eventually got tired of those and stopped liking them. (I still watch futurama once in awhile though.)

It seems many of us enjoy comedic shows along with a few 'serious' ones. I lke BSG and Doctor Who somewhat, but BSG is too dramatic for me and, at times, boring, with all 'politics' in it, and Doctor Who is entertaining, yet to me, seems to be kind of 'cheesy and unrealistic' in concept for me...

Whoever said comedy was the lowest form of entertainment was needs to get a reality check... :xp:

I'm radically into Doctor Who, and eagerly anticipating season three of Torchwood. Beyond that, there are no shows I watch regularly that are still airing new episodes, though I rather enjoy Star Trek: Voyager, as well as Star Trek: The Next Generation. I sometimes watch Friends if I can't find anything else to do, and I enjoy The West Wing when I'm able to stay up late enough to catch it - but these days, I'm barely able to stay up much later than 10:30, much less midnight.

... I rather enjoy Star Trek: Voyager, as well as Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Have you watched any Star Trek: Deep Space Nine? That was my favorite, and I'm a trekkie. My best friend was hesitant about it at first, because of the idea of a space station instead of a starship, but once I loaned him the DVDs of all 7 seasons, he said he liked it better than TNG and Voyager.

Unfortunately I don't have the time for TV I used to, but when I do watch (usually when I lay down to sleep) I'll keep the channel on either Discovery, The Science Channel, National Geographic, etc... for shows like Cosmos, Mythbusters, Man vs Wild/Survivorman, etc. I did see an interesting show called "Star Wars Tech" on the History Channel a few nights ago that discussed the feasibility of technology seen in the Star Wars movies like Darth Vader's life-support suit, light sabers, etc...

Well, there's a bunch of them (in no particular order):

Battlestar Galactica

Heroes

Las Vegas

Prison Break

Boston Legal

Dexter (Showtime, not Cartoon Network, though I like Dexter's Lab too)

Star Trek: Voyager (IMO the best Star Trek series)

South Park

Nip/Tuck

Scrubs

X-Files (hasn't aired for a few years, but still one of my all time favorites)

Kyle XY

As for Cartoons/Anime:

The Simpsons

Ben 10

Ben 10: Alien Force (still undecided about this one, I'll give it a couple more episodes)

Naruto

Yu Gi Oh

Mind you, a lot of the stuff I named here isn't on air, but when they were, they were the shows I really watched, missing but a few episodes.

Hmm...I'll restrict myself to shows that are still running, because if I don't do that then I won't have enough room. :D Just about half the shows I like wind up getting canceled (and most of them were on Fox, of course :p). And some have just ended (such as The Wire).

Fall/Winter

*30 Rock

*Curb Your Enthusiasm

*Heroes (except for whatever that rubbish pretending to be Heroes was last year :p)

*House

*[reserving a space for the House spin-off :p]

*Law & Order (sometimes...last season started well, but went down from there; hated how they had Green leave, and haven't liked it since)

*Law & Order: Criminal Intent (or is that a summer show now...?)

*My Name is Earl

*NCIS (excellent finale, by the way)

*Smallville (not the best show, but I still have to watch :D)

*Torchwood

Spring/Summer

*Battlestar Galactica

*[reserving space for the BSG spin-off, Caprica :p]

*Burn Notice

*The Closer

*Doctor Who

*Monk

*Psych

And there are others that I watch sporadically. The Daily Show and The Colbert Report, for instance. I watched them just about every day until the strike happened, and haven't managed to get back on schedule. :p And I've been keeping my eye out for when Futurama returns (even though I've already seen Bender's Big Score ;)).

1.The Simpsons (89-97)

2.South Park

3.Malcolm in the Middle

4.The Wire

5.The Office

6.30 Rock

7.Arrested Development

8.Futurama

9.Scrubs

10.Monty Python's Flying Circus

11.Seinfeld

12.Invader Zim

13.Curb Your Enthusiasm

14.Family Guy

15.Pokemon(First 5 Seasons)

I consider The Daily Show and The Colbert Report to be actual news so they aren't on the list.

Archived