Home

LucasCast: Episode 1

Lynk Former

How do you rate this episode of LucasCast?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode of LucasCast?

• 5 - Excellent!
    • 4 - It was very good.
    • 3 - It's okay.
    • 2 - You guys can do a lot better.
    • 1 - It sucked!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great show guys! ^^ You really have the energy and confidence that seems to be lacking in many podcast at the very beginning, keep it up. =)

Nothing much in the critical department, the only thing I can think of is to keep your mics slightly below or to the side of your mouth, it reduces the breathing/sharp S's a bit.

(Oh, and it would totally rock to be on it sometime, if only to pick Groovy's brain about Left 4 Dead... <.<)

@ Jae and Moeller: 2005 posse rulez!!! :lol:

The Brits refer to Free Radical "buying the farm" as going into administration. Come on Lexxy. You gotta edumacate these boys on this stuff. ;)

@ Lynk - confused about LucasArts? Aren't we all. That whole "two games a year" came from ex-president Jim Ward though. As far as I know LucasArts hasn't communicated anything about their business plan since Darrell Rodriguez took over last April so who knows if the two games a year thing is still true or not. I'm very much interested if you can get someone from LucasArts on a future LucasCast to see if they'll open up on the subject. :nod:

RE: cancellation of PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of SoK - anybody questioning the continued viability of the Ronin engine (combined DMM, euphoria, and Havok technologies) that LucasArts built and first used on TFU and that was also supposed to be used on the same platforms for SoK? Perchance last June LucasArts cut loose too many of the devs that worked on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of TFU to make SoK happen on those platforms now but seriously, does anybody think we're going to see another LucasArts game that uses this engine? Looks to me like it could very well be one and done with TFU.

Really enjoyed the inaugural LucasCast and hearing everybody's voices. Lynky's accent is the best by far. :D

If I head right, leXX used the word 'aks'.

A sign of a true, proud British woman.

LeXX, I salute you!

'aks'? I'm not sure exactly what word that is lol, but thank you. XD

@leXX: <3 LBP

Yeah, it's an awesome game. It was very hard for me to choose between LBP and Fable 2, very close indeed.

Nothing much in the critical department, the only thing I can think of is to keep your mics slightly below or to the side of your mouth, it reduces the breathing/sharp S's a bit.

(Oh, and it would totally rock to be on it sometime, if only to pick Groovy's brain about Left 4 Dead... <.<)

I completely agree about the mic thing. I noticed that my voice is sometimes very loud, and at other times very quiet. Definately got to try and be more consistant with that, so I apologise if I made anyones ears bleed. I need a new headset actually, because the one I'm currently using has no sponges on it (damn kids). Gonna order a new one today.

As for L4D, no doubt we'll be mentioning that in a future cast, as a few of us have been really into it lately.;)

The Brits refer to Free Radical "buying the farm" as going into administration. Come on Lexxy. You gotta edumacate these boys on this stuff. ;)

They are still trying to understand words like 'twat', and phrases like 'chucking your dummy from the pram', and 'bloody wanker', so what hope do I have? :D

To everyone else, thank you very much for all the kind words. We really appreciate all the feedback, and glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully we'll be able to continue making you smile. :)

I'm a little freaked out that you all know what I sound like now. :p

They are still trying to understand words like 'twat', and phrases like 'chucking your dummy from the pram', and 'bloody wanker', so what hope do I have? :D

QFE. Its a right barrel of laughs sometimes when you're the only British person playing a game with voice capabilities in a room full of Americans. I love spinning them into a right lingo tangle on whatever I'm playing, although sometimes it's too easy to be proud of.

They say they speak English though in truth, they don't...:xp:

Just gave it a listen to, and I freakin loved it. It's awesome to finally hear all these faces that we've all gotten to know so well.

Looking forward to the next one :)

'chucking your dummy from the pram'

Que? :p

I'm a little freaked out that you all know what I sound like now. :p

I'm a little more freaked out that I'm going to be reading all of your posts from now on in your voices in my head :p

commendations and congrats on this wonderful new project. Its definitely no easy feat to set these up.

I havent listened yet, Im still too used to you guys being dark sinister figures in my mind. Am working on it with my psychotherapist though.

But would do it just to hear what lexxie and jae sound like. I hope lexxie dropped a 'guv'nor' in there somewhere, from over 20 years of watching The Bill, this is surely what London women talk like?? :D

They are still trying to understand words like 'twat'

I tried this on at AHTO once...was not well received!

good luck with this great new project! :)

mtfbwya

That's because it's a not-so-nice euphemism in the US for female genitalia.

which is why I now only use it on UK/Oz sites :D

>>As for the podcast, couldnt resist the urge to check it out. Fantastic work guys! You all have great 'radio voices' especially Groovy.

I loved the mentions of the 2002 crew and of teamLFN >> thanks Lexxy !!

Its also great to hear Lynky representing downunder with the Oz accent. ;)

I cant wait to hear Rhett whenever he gets on ;)

mtfbwya

That's OK TSR--I can speak Chicago and you'd never have any idea what I was saying, but I chose to make it simple for your Brit ears. :xp:

I'm afraid the Mercian dialect died out long ago so I can't beat you on that. Now, if I came from Dorset(shire -- let's be anachronistic about it)! That would be another matter...

Haha. This is awesome. Without a doubt, Groovy has a great radio voice. I think it's Moel's voice, but I think his voice sounds like Jason Segel. I love Lynk's accent. I have a couple of Aussie buddies who have the accent. I'd have to say Jae's and lexx's voice sounds like I imagined them. And Niner, I dunno yet...

I'll definitely be tuning in whenever a new podcast comes out. Especially if it comes on iTunes.

2005 crew FTW!

2004 crew ftw.

As some have mentioned It's pretty weird when I read your posts now since I keep hearing your voices inside my head :S. This is actually the first podcast I've ever listened to, +10 points to Gryffin... I mean LC.

Also, Jae sounds exactly like a TV/movie character I know, but I don't remember who it is :/

Archived