Home

windows7rc_bloglogo.jpg

Its finally GA!

The word is that Microsoft got things on track since Vista, but the final verdict lies with the end users.

Do you plan to get 7?

Or are you one of those who'll stick it to the man with good ol' XP?

Perhaps you were on of the "special" people, in which case you'd be saying "Hello again, 7"...?

Will 7 have any notable effect on the OS market?

Discuss.

also, place bets on how many "micro$oft"s will be in thread

[edit] New Question: What did Microsoft do for Launch Day in your country?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you plan to get 7?

Or are you one of those who'll stick it to the man with good ol' XP?

Perhaps you were on of the "special" people, in which case you'd be saying "Hello again, 7"...?

Will 7 have any notable effect on the OS market?

Yep, building a media-pc and it was the least expensive Windows OS I could buy ($99 pre-order Home Premium) however, I'll stick with XP on my comp.

Eh, I think it will, mainly that Apple's market share they gained over the Vista == Crap debacle, may slowly drift away from the toy and get back to an OS that you can actually do stuff on. But, other than that, no, not really.

Win7 is the full time OS on my HTPC at the moment (as has been so since build 7000)

I havent switched to it on my ganming rig as theres a couple of games I need to finish on my Vista partition first ;) Mass Effect2/Assassins Creed2 will definitely get installed in win7 though (when they are eventually get released for PC)

In the most bizarre promotion of an OS I have ever come across - Burger King in Japan are selling Windows 7 whoppers - it has 7 stacked beef patties, costs 777 yen and is available for 7 days only :p

In other wacky news > MS is giving away win7 to every citizen of Dutch Village Zevenhuizen ("Seven Houses") and has painted buildings around Spanish town Sietes ("Sevens") windows colours...

win7whopper.jpg

source

mtfbwya

I've had no problems with Vista either, but I pre-ordered the upgrade back in July because my PC is very new and I didn't want to get stuck with yesterday's OS. The $45.00 price tag made it a no-brainer.

I'll just wait to see what kind of problems develop from it, if there are any. When Vista first came out I didn't buy it and I'm glad I didn't, because of all the friggin headache's that were reported about it on the internet.

But Win 7 looks promising, so maybe XP will be finally retired from my computer. Anyway, I'll see if it's true or not about Win 7 being a really good OPS as time goes by. (I hope.)

Been using it since it hit beta, and had little to no problems with it. I strongly recommend everyone to get it, as it's miles ahead of XP and even Vista (in speed and reliability anyway).

There are a few older games that don't run perfectly (mostly due to copy protection; if you get rid of it, there should be no problems), but there are also some that actually work better on 7 than XP! It's possible that's simply because Nvidia doesn't pay as much attention to XP anymore as it does to Vista/7, though.

Infinity Engine games (Torment, BG series) work fine (even better than on XP if you have a modern graphic card), as do both KOTOR's and many other more recent RPG's.

My one question. Can it run TSL?

Of course, since I have a mac, its a little pointless, unless Boot Camp can run it yet.

I really hope it can, considering that XP could and Vista couldn't, that was pretty failarific. Honestly Vista has worked pretty well for me, aside from UAC, I've had few complaints. However, from all I've heard, Win 7 is amazing in comparison, I look forward most particularly to reduced memory consumption.

i'll have it on my new computer as soon as it gets here from one of Newegg's warehouses. i've used the RC several times, and i like what i see from it so far.

i'm probably more excited about the new computer hardware than Win7, though. playing Crysis with a Phenom II X4 BE, DDR3, and a brand-spankin new Radeon 5850 should be a blast. :D

Everyone I talk to keeps saying 7 is better than XP. I'll have to test it out before spending any money.

Perhaps after a Service Pack, I'll pick up a copy and load it on my Vista laptop. That'll be the real test before I even think of installing 7 on my XP desktop.

Samuel Dravis]So far I'm under the impression that many people will buy 7 because they hate dealing with Vista.

Vista has been improved quite a bit since its release. Back when i first got it in early 08, i remember ripping my hair out at the bugs in it (explorer kept dying, etc). Now with sp2 and all those updates, i rarely encounter any bugs at all.

In the most bizarre promotion of an OS I have ever come across - Burger King in Japan are selling Windows 7 whoppers - it has 7 stacked beef patties, costs 777 yen and is available for 7 days only

... that is one nice looking burger.

In other wacky news > MS is giving away win7 to every citizen of Dutch Village Zevenhuizen ("Seven Houses") and has painted buildings around Spanish town Sietes ("Sevens") windows colours...

here in NZ, they had launch parties in Auckland and Wellington and had some competitions:

'Submit your 7' Facebook competition Submit your creative interpretation of '7' to our Windows NZ Facebook page and be in to win the latest HP Pavilion Notebook running Windows 7.

Keeping it Kiwi theme contest

Send us your 'keeping it Kiwi' Windows 7 theme pack and be in to win worldwide recognition, the latest HP Envy notebook, and a print from Otis Frizzell!

... nothing really whacky. But man, i wanna try one of those burgers. :xp:

New Thread Question: What did Microsoft do for Launch Day in your country?

I'll be getting 7 in the house when i put together my sister's computer. Either going to get the Home Premium OEM or watch for MS student select pricing. Currently they have a 7 Ultimate "Upgrade". (im not sure how that works... im guessing its not possible to use it unless you have another version of windows installed? the wikipedia article wasnt much help.. could someone explain how it works?)

Hopefully they should soon have the usual versions.

Vista has been improved quite a bit since its release. Back when i first got it in early 08, i remember ripping my hair out at the bugs in it (explorer kept dying, etc). Now with sp2 and all those updates, i rarely encounter any bugs at all.

... that is one nice looking burger.

here in NZ, they had launch parties in Auckland and Wellington and had some competitions:

... nothing really whacky. But man, i wanna try one of those burgers. :xp:

New Thread Question: What did Microsoft do for Launch Day in your country?

I'll be getting 7 in the house when i put together my sister's computer. Either going to get the Home Premium OEM or watch for MS student select pricing. Currently they have a 7 Ultimate "Upgrade". (im not sure how that works... im guessing its not possible to use it unless you have another version of windows installed? the wikipedia article wasnt much help.. could someone explain how it works?)

Hopefully they should soon have the usual versions.

they gave out free copies of 7 to people who held windows 7 launch parties and did some retarded family guy episode about windows 7

Archived