Home

What do you call your hot water bottle?

Gabez

What do you call your hot water bottle?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What do you call your hot water bottle?

• "My Hotty Botty" (or just "hotty")
    • "Sir Walter Hottle Bottle"
    • "The Boiling Liquid Sack"
    • "Ye Greate Scalding Iron"
    • "A Hot Dobby"
    • I live in an area too warm for hot water bottles (the sun).
    • I keep the heating on all night, damaging the environment. Take that, Al Gore!
    • I have tricked a real live person to share a bed with me and I absorb their heat like a parasite.

Winter is nearly over (in the Northern hemisphere), but the nights are still cold.

According to Wikipedia, hot water bottles are popular in "developing countries" and "the United Kingdom," though apparently they are rising stars in Japan as well.

Speaking personally, my hot water bottle is, quite simply, a necessity for at least four months of the year. However, I have noticed a great variety of attitudes to hot water bottles, and names that people give them.

Some people don't even use hot water bottles! This is a great shame; they are missing out on a lovely bedtime treat.

I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on the matter.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think dogs and cats count as a real live person. They certainly produce a good level of heat.

leXX: never? Not even as a child? :~ What about your own children?

For anyone who hasn't tried a hot water bottle, find one, fill it with boiling water, and secrete it under your covers tonight -- you'll never look back!

I have used hot water bottles for quite a few years when i was a kid. I just called it my hot water bottle.

After using it to warm my back, i'd always stick it down at my feet. (man, the neck used to get magma hot.. could really singe you if you're not careful). It was always quite cold by morning, but i always kicked it away in my sleep.

Nowadays, i relinquish any moisture in my body and irradiate myself with an electric blanket. i call it: my electric blanket.

Wow, I'm really shocked that so many people don't use hot water bottles!

It's not just about warmth, you know: I like to hug mine (in a protective cloth covering) as I fall asleep. It's a teddy bear for grown ups.

Electric blankets: this is a subject that terrifies me. The danger of wetting the bed and electrocuting myself would make me so tense that I would wet the bed and electrocute myself.

I have tricked a real live person to share a bed with me and they absorb my heat like a parasite.

Can you even still buy one in the states? :raise:

Haven't seen one in gawdz knows how long...

As for me, I'm one of those odd people that generate an exorbitant amount of body heat.. nothing more than a sheet and barely that at times.. otherwise it gets way too toasty.

The better-half and my cats don't complain though, seems *I'm* their proverbial water bottle :xp:

As for me, I'm one of those odd people that generate an exorbitant amount of body heat.. nothing more than a sheet and barely that at times.. otherwise it gets way too toasty.

I wish I were like that, I've been told a few times that I feel like death.

@Topic: I use blankets and the fetal position as needed.

Archived