Home

What is your favorite LucasArts game of the decade?

Jeff

What is your favorite LucasArts game of the 00's?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite LucasArts game of the 00's?

• Battlefront
    • Empire at War
    • The Force Unleashed
    • Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    • Knights of the Old Republic
    • LEGO Indiana Jones
    • LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    • Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
    • Republic Commando
    • The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
    • Other
    • Knights of the Old Republic II
    • Star Wars Galaxies
    • Jedi Academy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't see Knights of the Old Republic in there until after I voted. Can I get my vote changed to that?
Changed!

Also I only wanted one game from each series (though I guess there are 2 Lego games), so I picked the most widely acclaimed one from each series, and didn't want a super long poll anyways.

I picked TFU. KOTOR was fun the first time I played it (sort of), but after that...well, the story had no surprises the first time through, much less the second time through, and turn-based combat is simply something I don't enjoy. Getting through the game after the first playthrough seemed roughly equivalent to pounding my head on my desk. Still, I pushed through all four alignment/gender combinations--when I was done, I wanted to throw the game out the window. Since then, I've gotten it out a couple more times and played through Dark Side/female a few more times. That desk didn't get any softer. :lol:

TFU, on the other hand, has replayability (at least, for me it does.) I got the game shortly after it came out, and I've played it a lot since then. Frankly, I've had a lot more fun with TFU than I've had with KOTOR.

I went with KOTOR though I will give TFU and Jedi Knight a tie for second. Kyle Katarn is one of my favorite characters and I love the idea of Vader and the Emperor using Vader's apprentice to draw out the rebels. It sounds exactly like something the Emperor would do.

KotOR has definately been the most fun I've had over a long period of time with any of these games. Battlefront 2 has deinately eaten up way more hours and I have a bazzilion amazing memories from it, but the majority are from either mods or primarily the people I played with, which I give LA no credit for. I played through the JK II campaign, thats about it, it was fairly eh in my opinion. Same with RC except I still play RC from time to time, although the reasoning for that has yet to be something other than Im bored of steam games and Im too lazy to put in an actual disk so Im going to play the game on my system that doesnt require a disk. Which isnt actually true, because I have sins of a solar empire and UT2k4 too. But if Im too impatient to put a disk in, Im definately not patient enough for sins. And UT2k4 gets boring when all you can do is play against bots that you either cut through without struggle or who headshot you before you've even spawned.

Archived